Skip to main content

Amazing Life with Rectangle Stitched Framelits Dies


Hello stamping friends! The Rectangle Stitched Framelits were my priority purchase from the Stampin' Up! Occasions Catalogue, so today I want to share a quick template for two cards using these basic shape framelits.

Cut a piece of pretty paper (here I have used one from the retiring Petal Promenade Designer Series Paper) either to the size of your card base or as in my sample below, slightly smaller so you have a small border on all four sides. Use one of the Rectangle Stitched dies to cut a piece out from the centre of the paper. This smaller cut out piece will be featured in another card (as per my second sample below). That's it - I did say "a quick template"!


It is then just a matter of adding the message (sentiment) on the card and jazzing it up with some embellishments. On both my samples, if you look closely, I have embossed the Whisper White layer with the Subtles Embossing Folder. Embossing folders are an easy way to add texture and interest to your card. I have also snucked in some Polka Dot Tulle ribbon simply because I love it and I think again, it added interest to the card without overpowering it. The final touch was the butterfly wood element (one of Sale-a-bration freebies) which I had coloured with Stampin' Blends.


For the second card, I used the Powder Pink Shimmer ribbon, and used a flower embellishment instead of the butterfly. The sentiment, "It's Your Day", from the retiring (boohoohoo) Happy Birthday Gorgeous stamp set makes the card quite versatile don't you think? It can be a birthday card, a wedding card, or even a graduation card - basically any occasion to convey the message "It's your time to shine!"

Here is the list of products that are retiring on the 3 June or while supplies last now so be sure to get them sooner rather than later because it is always disappointing to go buy something that is no longer available.

Petal Promenade DSP #146913
Amazing Life stamp set #148750
Powder Pink Shimmer Ribbon #144151
Happy Birthday Gorgeous stamp set #143662

And here is the list of other supplies that are not retiring - yay!

Rectangle Stitched Framelits #148551
Flourish Thinlits #141478
Subtle Embossing Folder #143706
Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon #146912
Stampin' Blends Combo Petal Pink #147272
Stampin' Blends Combo Rich Razzleberry #144602
Whisper White card stock #106549

I hope you are inspired to give both these layouts a go - imagine the different look and feel you get depending on what patterned paper you used. Please share your version and if you use the hashtag #2from1RectangleStitched I will be able to find it easily.

Thank you and blessings, Michelle xx


Comments