Skip to main content

Thank you Lovely As A Tree

Lovely As A Tree, aka LAAT - the longest serving stamp set in Stampin' Up! history has retired - yup, Stampin' Up! announced that it it was retiring, and now it has sold out. So let me share this card which I taught in my classes in May.


This card was inspired by Gail Ellis. Hers was a gorgeous little Christmas card. I made it as a thank you card as I am building up a supply of these for a homeschool event in September. As I wanted a sunset look (as the sun has set on LAAT - yes, I do over think things at times lol) I have used 3 colours for the background - Crushed Curry, Poppy Parade and Gorgeous Grape.

Now, I wanted to share this next version because I wanted to remind you that there are no mistakes in card making. Julia my regular class attendee had brought a friend, Angie, along to class last Tuesday. Not only did Angie learned the "sponging" and "masking" techniques, she also got to experience for herself that mistakes are just opportunities. Her sentiment at the bottom didn't turn out well, but rather than throw out her card (all that effort in sponging!), I showed her how to "fix" her card. Now I think I like her version better !




Fare thee well, Lovely As A Tree, fare thee well. You have been a most reliable stamp set.
Now, in honour of its retirement, let me introduce to you the new-ish stamp set "Rooted In Nature"



You can view all the options here https://www3.stampinup.com/ecweb/search/Rooted%20in%20Nature and I will be happy to place an order for you. Alternatively you can place an online order having the item shipped directly to you - don't forget to use my Hostcode 49Q64W4Q valid till 30th June 2019 (or contact me for the most current Hostcode)




Comments