Skip to main content

Peaceful Moments Bundle

Today's card is one that I taught in my January classes, using the Peaceful Moments Bundle.
(Check out my For Sale page to see if this card is in stock. Otherwise, I might be able to custom make you one upon enquiry.)

Something Different

The Peaceful Moments Bundle is a little different to most other bundles traditionally offered in that none of the dies have a coordinating image in the stamp set. Peaceful Moments, you see, is a sentiments only stamp set. By not including images meant there is room for more sentiments - TEN of them in fact. It covers all the popular occasions that call for a card - Birthdays, Thank Yous, Congratulations and Sympathy. You can easily pair this stamp set with any other stamp sets with images or other dies sets (frames or images) that you already have in your stash. How thoughtful of Stampin' Up!

With 16 dies of solid and outline of florals and foliage, the Poppy Moments Dies is your answer to creating beautiful and prominent poppy floral arrangements that you could then pair with sentiments from stamp sets you already have. But if you are a new stamper just starting out, then the Peaceful Moments stamp set is the sensible stamp set to get as a bundle with the Poppy Moments Dies because then you save 10%! You'll then be able to use either stamp set or dies set independently of each other and mix and match with other sets as you build your stash, giving you lots of options.

So in my January classes, I wanted to highlight two things:
1) that these two items work so well together even though they appear to be independent of each other
2) to think about what other items you already have that you could give a new look to perhaps with the addition of these items.



The versatility of Thinking of You

Now while I have used the die cuts to dress the inside of the card (and the envelope) I have at this stage left the inside of the card with a blank message. Thinking of You is actually such a useful sentiment, because it would be appropriate for so many occassions:
"Hey, I'm thinking of you because it is your birthday!"
"I am thinking of you, and I am so sorry for your loss."
"I want you to know I am thinking of you - just because."
"Thinking of you...on this wonderful occasion of your wedding [/anniversary/achievement]."
"I'm thinking of you, and I miss you."
"Thinking of you...thank you for your kindness."

So, I will use the appropriate sentiment for the inside of the card as the occasion calls for. 



The Design Element

1) I used the "Colour Stamp with Markers" technique to colour only the "Thinking of you" part of the longer sentiment in the stamp set. Just remember to "huff" on the stamp after you coloured it to moisten it before stamping.
2) The colour inspiration for my card is from the range of colours in the Peaceful Poppies Designer Series Paper. (Have you checked out my previous post on how I have showcased this paper in an easy project?) I used Blackberry Bliss, Poppy Parade, Calypso Coral, Old Olive and Mossy Meadow.
3) The card inspiration started with the main floral image, which I CASED (copy and selectively edit) from the card on page 24 (see image below) of the January-June Mini Catalogue



Thank you for stopping by - until next post, cheers!

Michelle xx



*** Sale-a-bration time with Stampin' Up!...FREE item for every $110 spend or...hostess benefits for qualifying party sales or...join for $189 and get $285 worth of products of your choice PLUS an exclusive Mini Paper Cutter PLUS a pack of 6"x6" DSP sampler PLUS your choice of any stamp set ...valid from 3 January 2020 - 31 March 2020. Contact me now! or Click this link https://michellepepper.stampinup.net/special ***

Comments