Skip to main content

Blossoms in Bloom Split Card Technique

Why make one card when you can make two?

 
 
 
The large floral image from the Blossoms in Bloom lends itself very well to what is known as the Split Card Technique. (Shown below are the coordinating dies, Many Layered Blossoms, for this stamp set. Get both the stamps and the dies as a Bundle and save 10% - woohoo!) You can see all the supplies I used here (including all the basic items such as adhesives). 
 
 
 
Split Card technique: Take two Whisper White pieces (I have cut mine at 9.7cm x 14cm) and place them side by side. Stamp the floral image (I have used Misty Moonlight) across both Whisper White pieces. That's it - one image split across both pieces! Oh, and I used Bumblebee yellow to colour in the centre of the flowers.
 
 
 
There are two coordinating die cuts for this floral image. I have used the thin outline,  cut out in Smoky Slate, carefully applying glue all over it then adhere to the floral image. Then carefully use the paper snips to separate the two Whisper White pieces. Now adhere each piece on top of a Misty Moonlight layer measured at 10cm x 14.3cm. 
 
Michelle's Top Tip Today: 
If you don't have the right coordinating card stock colour, you can simply ink up the edges of a piece of Whisper White!
 
 

The "Kindness is Always in style" sentiment is from the Dressed to Impress stamp set. I embossed it in white on Basic Black cardstock then fussy cut it out, and adhered it on with some Stampin' Dimensionals. I used the Gold Trim from the Forever Greenery Trim Combo pack to make a simple bow and tucked in behind the sentiment. I was happy with the card, as I love all that white space, but I did succumb to using some gold metallic pearls. I just placed them in such a way that I still have plenty of white space 😀



The "Life's A Beautiful Journey" sentiment is from the Beautiful World Stamp set.  I have kept the card simple and elegant, with a bit of rhinestone basic jewels.


Challenge, should you wish to accept:
 I have used the Misty Moonlight and Smoky Slate colour combo. Now, I wonder what colour combo would you try?
 
As always, if you have any questions, I am happy to help you.

Until next post, have fun stamping!


*** Do you have a huge Stampin' Up! wish list? Then our fully customisable Starter Kit is for you, check it out now! For current specials, click this link https://michellepepper.stampinup.net/special ***

Comments

Anonymous said…
Beautiful cards. Great technique - thanks for sharing!