Skip to main content

Sweet Strawberry Blessings Surprise Birthday Card

How fun to open a card and be greeted with this strawberry cake surprise!

Click here to see the list of supplies used

My inspiration for this card came from a fellow demonstrator Heejung Hunsberger, only I made it a three tier cake with no window on the card front. This is the way CASE works - it stands for Copy and Selectively Edit. Sometimes a CASE is pretty much a straight duplicate; sometimes one changes the colours or stamps used; other times one changes the orientation of the card or instead of a circle element a square shape is used. Still other times, like this one, it takes on another form altogether. 

The white "cake" layers were embossed with Subtles 3D embossing folder, reminscent of cake icing. The strawberries were fussy cut out of the FREE Sale-a-bration Berry Delightful Designer Series Paper.  The candles are stamped from another FREE Sale-a-bration item called Approaching Perfection.


The blue paper is also from the Berry Delightful DSP - it reminds me of a country table cloth, don't ya think? I have combined the sentiments - Bountiful Blessings is from the FREE Sale-a-bration Berry Blessings and Just For You is from the Sweet Strawberry stamp set found in the January - June Mini Catalogue. I used the Strawberry Builder Punch for the strawberry.


As an optional, additional surprise, you could tuck in a money note - I just used glue dots to stick it on. For the recipient, it will be as the card says, bountiful blessings!


With so much going on inside of the card, I wanted the outside to be Clean and Simple. I stamped the greeting on and then embossed the white card with the Tasteful Textile Embossing Folder. Then I repeated the strawberry motif on the inside of the card here on the outside. Did you catch that? Normally I'd design the outside of the card and do a simple stamping inside or sometimes even left the inside "naked". This card took on a reverse process.

If you are in Auckland, New Zealand, I'll be teaching this card in my February classes so come along and join me for a fun creative evening!
 

 

Thanks for stopping by today, and until next post, have fun stamping!


*** Woohoo Stampin' Up! - here's how we celebrate the new year: not only do we have a new Mini Catalogue January - June 2021, we have also sweetened the deal with Sale-a-bration (find out more by clicking on the link) *** ***

Comments