Skip to main content

Peony Pretty Perennials Happy Chinese New Year

A Happy Chinese New Year card, Stampin' Up! style.
 
 

 
Well, actually I made two cards at the end of the creative process :-)


It was on a whim that my friend (Artisan Susan Wong) and I decided to challenge ourselves to making a Chinese New Year theme card. For me, this means the card will likely be in the colours red and gold, and has florals and/or lanterns and/or the zodiac animal for the year. It seems peonies are particularly auspicious for Chinese New Year, so that became the starting point for my card/s. 
 
 
Now, it can be quite daunting when you look at a 12"x12" piece of DSP and wonder how to use it. My tip would be make it small. Cutting it down to 4"x6", (pictured below), I began work by colouring with Stampin' Blends.


As I mentioned before, I had already determined to use red so I started colouring the background bits in Real Red. The peonies were then coloured in Light and Dark Calypso as well as Rococo Rose, and the leaves were coloured in Just Jade. I added some gold embossing on to the stamens. The colouring took some diligence! Once that was completed, I played around with the layout and over the course of the evening, these two cards resulted. The Pretty Perennials stamp set (#154435) was top of mind perhaps because of the big Happy sentiment. Peace & Happiness sentiment is from the Itty Bitty Christmas set (#150513). The Playful Alphabet dies (#152706) were die cut in Petal Pink mounted on foam adhesive sheet (#152815), and swiped with Versamark ink and embossed with gold.
 

 
 So, to all who celebrates Chinese New Year - Gong Xi Fa Cai, Xin Nian Kuai Le, Kung Hei Fat Choy

 
 
As always, if you have any questions, I am happy to help you.

Until next post, have fun stamping!


*** Woohoo Stampin' Up! - here's how we celebrate the new year: not only do we have a new Mini Catalogue January - June 2021, we have also sweetened the deal with Sale-a-bration (find out more by clicking on the link here https://michellepepper.stampinup.net/special) *** ***

Comments