Skip to main content

Sweet Strawberry With A Vintage Feel

Surprise - there's not a strawberry in sight!
 
But I assure you the image is from the same Sweet Strawberry stamp set. 
 
Michelle's Top Tip Today: there are so many other stamps in this stamp set that you really do not need to pigeon hole it to only make cards with strawberries. 
 
I stamped the leave and flower branch twice in versamark ink and heat embossed with Clear Embossing powder. Using our new-in-the Mini-Catalogue blending brushes, I sponged on the Crumb Cake ink over the images. Because they are embossed, they resist the ink, so the darker the ink, the bigger the contrast, ie the bolder the image became. Hence the name of this technique - Emboss Resist.

I wanted to go vintage with this card because I haven't done what was once a favourite thing to do when I first started card making with Stampin' Up! That is, to create the vintage looking flowers. 


There are two sizes of flowers in the Sweet Strawberry stamp set. The smaller one can be punched out using the coordinating Strawberry Builder Punch. The bigger one can also be punched out using the Small Bloom Punch in the Annual Catalogue. When I first noticed the flowers, I knew I wanted to make vintage paper flowers again with this set. 

When I think vintage, I think browns, paper flowers, pearls, sponging and lace. Hence all these were incorporated in my card which I still kept fairly Clean and Simple, a card style I rely on a lot because of being time poor. I did add a pop of colour by die-cutting out the stitched oval in Just Jade (its name seems to lend itself to vintage and just because I wanted to give it some love).

I hope you enjoyed seeing this card and post. As always, if you have any questions, I am happy to help you.

Until next post, have fun stamping!


*** Woohoo Stampin' Up! - here's how we celebrate the new year: not only do we have a new Mini Catalogue January - June 2021, we have also sweetened the deal with Sale-a-bration (find out more by clicking on the link here https://michellepepper.stampinup.net/special) *** ***

Comments