Skip to main content

Betsy's Blossoms Baby Wipe Stamping


Baby Wipe stamping? Yes, you read that right! It's a technique I have heard of before but I have never actually attempted it until now. In a nutshell, you drop inks onto a piece of baby wipe, and the wetness will move the colours to blend. Ink up your stamp image by pressing it on to the baby wipe and then stamp on your card stock. That's it. Doesn't this technique work fabulously well with this blossom image from the Betsy's Blossoms stamp set? 

I just wanted to keep the card simple, with the beautiful colours of the blossom taking centre stage. I had in mind to show this technique at my June's monthly night class so I made it a set of three cards, and tried different ways to make the card CAS. My samples:



I love quick simple cards to make like these. I love layers and vintage too, but I think I am a CAS (Clean and Simple) girl at the heart when it comes to card designs. When done well, CAS cards are cool, elegant, and says more than it actually does. I am constantly trying to improve myself in this area, and one of my great mentors in CAS is Maureen Merritt whom I first "met" over at Stamp Nation. She is a beloved SN Design Team Member and "Classroom" teacher. Please do check out her blog and see what I mean about how great a CAS guru she is. Join Stamp Nation and you can sit in her classroom yourself!

If my class attendees copy my card samples to the tee, I am flattered and honoured. If they use my samples as a springboard to design their own, then I feel I have succeeded in my job to inspire them. Now how cool is that to be in such a win-win situation?

Following are cards made by my June attendees, that are different to my samples, and I so love it that I got permission from them to share on my blog. So here they are:


These were made by 15 year old attendee. Is it obvious that her favourite toy for the night was the Scoring Tool.

This one is by said 15 year old's mum:



I wanted to note that the image is actually "grounded" by Rach simply by using our coordinating colour markers.  




And J made the following two cards - ahh, J - she's a girl after my own heart - she's a sparkly girl!




Hope you had fun reading this post and that you are inspired to give the babywipe technique a go.

Happy Stampin'!

Comments

Nan0807 said…
I love this technique. Will be trying it very soon