Skip to main content

Flower Patch Never Ending Card (and free Tutorial)


Remember this Never Ending Card that I first blogged about last year?

I am sure I have done more than one of these since then, but just didn't blog about it?  Oh well, here is one hot of the press - the first page is above, then it opens out to the second page as below:



I absolutely love the way the faux watercolouring turned out on the two Whisper White base panels. All I did was colouring the size E acrylic block with our Stampin' Write Markers in the colours of the retired Gingham Garden DSP which was Daffodil Delight, Island Indigo and Melon Mambo. I then spritz water generously over the block. Press the block very firmly on to the Whisper White base, and leaving it on a few seconds before lifting it - and presto, I have my own watercolour DSP! The scripture verses used are from Say It With Scriptures and Elegant Inspirations, also retired sets.



The third page has a sentiment from the Just Believe stamp set (also retired, sorry!)


And here is the final page..... But wait, there's more! You will find yourself just mesmerized by the continuous unfolding of this card that you will be playing through the pages a few times :-) It is just too much fun!

Now for a quick tutorial on how to make a never ending card in 3 easy steps:

Step 1

You will need four rectangle pieces of card stock. They can be whatever size you want it to be as long as you follow these two rules:

a) all four pieces have to be the same size
b) the length has to be twice the width

So in my case, I had 4 pieces of 3" x 6" card stock and the final result is a 6" x 6" card.

Step 2

On all four pieces of card stock, on the long side, score at 1/4 of the length on either end.

So, in my case, I scored at 1.5" and at 4.5" of the 6" side.

Step 3

Lay 2 pieces of the card stock side by side. (In this case so that it would make a 6" x 6".) Put adhesive on the four corners. Now adhere the third and fourth card stock on top of this "base" in the other orientation. In other words, if you had place the first two down side by side with the short side (3") on the top, then adhere on the 3rd and fourth layers with the long side (6") on the top.

That is it - the construction of the never ending card. Now you can decorate to your heart's contentment, going easy though on 3d embellishments. I hope the first two steps are pretty easy to understand. You will have what you need to construct the card. It is the third step, ie to put it together, which may be a bit tricky to understand so you may find this video by US Demo Tami White (at the 2.10 minute mark) helpful. Better still, come to my classes or host a workshop and let me show you and your guests how - I'd love to! Contact me for details on peppertime123@gmail.com

Comments