Skip to main content

Cute Purse with 2015 -17 In Colour A4 Card Stock and Envelope Paper


Today, at my monthly Mum & Me class, we made these lovely, quite classical, mini purses. I presented the purses in the array of colours that are Stampin' Up!'s In Colours for 2015-17.
Beginning from the left is Cucumber Crush, Tip Top Taupe, Watermelon Wonder, Mint Macaron, and lastly on the right, Delightful Dijon. Have you got a favourite In-Colour?

Well, my choice would be Tip Top Taupe if I am looking for an exciting and new Neutral other than Black, White or Crumb Cake (all of which are my go to's so sometimes I feel I may have overdone those). But in this case, what with all the purses before my eyes, I am just loving the Mint Macaron with a hint of Tip Top Taupe:




The stripes pattern pieces are from the Envelope Paper (#138312) and the Taupe pieces have been embossed with the Decorative Dots Embossing Folder (#133520). The flowers are made with the oldie but a goodie Scallop Circle 1-3/4" punch (#119854) - punch out six of these scallop circles, spritz, crumple wumple each one then make cuts at every scallop. Punch out two of the little flowers from the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack (#133787). Lay all these pieces on top of each other, poke a hole in the middle with the Paper Piercing Tool (#126189) and attach with a Mini Brad (#122941). "Fluff" the petals and presto, a gorgeous flower ready at your service!



I kinda feel that the pictures don't really do these purses justice. If only I can find the link to the tutorial on how to make this bag. I had taught this based on what I worked out from a sample I had so if my friends can't help me locate a link to a tutorial, maybe I will just attempt to write it myself! Fancy that, hmm...

This project qualifies for this week's SU Only blog challenge #132 - go check out what others are making creatively with the variety of punches SU carries.

Happy Stampin friends!



Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

Comments

Julie Gearinger said…
These are adorable and I am sure they were a hit at your Mum & Me class!! Love the use of the In Colors along with your punched and layered flower- perfect for our challenge as well!! Thanks for playing along with us at SUO Challenges :-)