Skip to main content

Stampin' Up! Badges and Banners




PS: I came to write a new post and saw this post sitting in my draft - unposted!!!! Well, I decided to post it as is  - if I think too much, and make amendments, it might be another month it is public! Here goes...

Wow, the 2016-17 Annual Catalogue is already a month old! So many new products to complement  returning products, the vibe is just one of endless possibilities. I have to admit I am a bit overwhelmed by the choices, and as a demonstrator who runs monthly classes, I struggle, every time, with the dilemma of what to showcase. There are just so many to choose from - which is a good thing!

So, why did I choose the new Badges and Banners stamp set? The truth is, I didn't! I won it as a prize patrol at April 2016's OnStage Local event. It really is quite a versatile set, so I created a class around this set. I was inspired by the colours featured in the Take-It-Home DIY kit my colleagues and I put together for our combined team's catalogue launch last month. The Pink and Orange combo is quite a polarising combo - but I do so think Peekaboo Peach is just made for Melon Mambo!

With the stamp set and colours picked out, I was ready to play. The other element to this class is the Designer Series Paper stack. I do try to accommodate for creativity and individuality in my classes, so the Designer Series Paper stack was a suitable choice as it means peeps can have some choice of what colour combo they would like. I have created a 12x12 One Sheet Wonder template for this class so that from the one sheet of DSP we will make 6 cards, 2 tags and an envelope.

Comments