Skip to main content

Summer Silhouettes 2012-14 In Colour I



In just a little under three years since I signed up as a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, I have managed to collect quite a few stamp sets. There are sets that I have hardly used, and you know, about all of them, I would say I haven't used as much as I would like to. It is a little hard as my stamping time is usually restricted to a start time of 10pm. Anyway, the point I want to make is this: I am making an effort to get as much mileage as I can from each stamp set that I own. So that could mean this blog might just be very boring, always showcasing the same stamp sets. Yet it could be inspiring and helpful perhaps to show the versatility of the stamps.

On the right side of this blog, there is a section for Labels. It is sorted alphabetically so if you scroll down you'll see the list of Stamp sets and next to each name is a number, which indicates how many blog posts have been tagged with that stamp set. As I write now, I am pondering whether to make the goal quite specific...like having at least 10 posts tagged with each stamp set? I continue to ponder, so just because I am thinking out loud, it doesn't mean I have made it official...lol. (But it is written down now, so I feel obligated to see to it that I meet the goal...which is after all the intention...lol, round and round I go with this internal conversation now made public!)


Anyhoo...here is today's card - Summer Silhouettes in the 2012-14 In Colours.


The Bitty Butterfly is actually on the inside of the card, layered as per the image at the top of this post. I have always thought that a handmade card ought to be completed by stamping or embellishing on the inside of the card. I don't always do it because I forget to, but recently I came across a stamper (I'll remember to link up on here when I remember who it was) who said the same thing so I am inspired again to make an effort to do this with all the cards I make. It is always an added nice little surprise for the recipient when she opens the card.


Comments