Skip to main content

Summer Silhouettes 2012-14 In Colour II



In this card, I have managed to use all of the 5 colours in the 2012-14 In Colour Range. The oval piece is in Basic Gray, and the sentiment is embossed with White Emboss Powder. I felt that the main image was slightly skewed to the right, so I had to think a bit to rectify the imbalance. I have noticed that the scattering of jewel rhinestones has been in trend for some time now, so I gave that a go, and ta-da, I reckon it did the job nicely.

Now, when I was deciding on what sentiment to use, I again thought this card is quite versatile - birthday, thank you, hello...but I wondered about whether it's too cheerful a card to be a sympathy card? I decided to play it safe :-) By the way, the Basic Gray Oval piece had to be there because I had to cover up a stamping boo boo, otherwise I might have opted for no sentiment.




Oh, oh, I just realised that this card qualifies for this week's CAS(E) this Sketch! Challenge:



If you don't know what paper craft challenges are all about, then here's my take: Challenges are about inspiring each other to create. How does a challenge do this?

1) a sketch or colour combination to spark off our imagination/creativity
2) a sketch or colour combination that extend us ie that challenges us to step out of our comfort zone (our usual style)
3) the gallery showcases the incredible talent of many crafters the whole wide world!

So go and have a look at what others have come up with using this sketch as a starting point. Better still, leave your desk now, get inky and when you're done, link up your newly created masterpiece at CAS(E) this Sketch!

Now, would you believe this picture below is of the very same card? Actually the reason I didn't post about this card straight after I made it was because I just couldn't get the colours to be "right" on my camera. No matter what angle or light I took the photo in, I keep getting these intense bright colours. Then one day I had an aha moment...the wee boys (4 and nearly 2) do handle our only family camera so I wondered if they had accidentally changed the camera settings. I went on a discovery journey on what setting options the Canon IXUS 220 HS offers. The wee hands had clearly changed our setting to VIVID, which explained all these vivid photos we were taking on the camera. So hopefully this is a helpful tip for someone - if you just can't seem to get the colours in your photos to resemble what the naked eye sees, then it may just be a camera setting that needs changing to resolve the 'issue'.



Comments