Skip to main content

No Cut Lidded Box


It's my friend Carrie's birthday and since we haven't got a car at the moment, I haven't been able to go shopping for a present. So what do you do the night before? Well, you make a handmade gift!

My inspiration came from SU! Demo Tania Bell who had shared in July a video tutorial on how to make a lidded box from a single 12" x 12" sheet without cutting.  Problem was, there was no instructions for the smaller boxes so imagine the mental gymnastics that I was doing late at night (as I got too engrossed in watching Iron Man 3 to multi-task as I originally planned, so I got to working on these close to midnight, lol).  I am quite proud of myself, so these measurements are available at the bottom of this post, for your convenience :-)



The smallest box in this set had room for only one Ferrero Chocolate. I managed to squeeze in 2 treat size of Picnic bars in the middle box, and the largest box is good for 3" x 3" cards (I made a set of 6 cards, but it has room for more):




Largest Box:
Starts with a 12" x 12" patterned paper or card stock.
Score at 1-1/2", 3" and 3-3/4"
Turn the paper 180 degree and then score at the same measurements.
Now turn the paper 90 degree and score at 3" and 4-1/2"
Turn the paper 180 degree and then score at the same measurements.
Proceed as per video tutorial.

2nd largest box: Starts with a 10" x 10" paper.
First set of scores are at 1-1/4", 2-1/2"" and 3-1/8".
Second set of scores are at 2-1/2" and 3-3/4".

3rd box: Starts with a 8" x 8" paper.
First set of scores are at 1", 2" and 2-1/2".
Second set of scores are at 2" and 3".

I also worked out the measurements for a teeny box starting with a 6" x 6" paper.
First set of scores are at 3/4", 1-1/2" and 1-7/8"
Second set of scores are at 1-1/2", and 2-1/4".

Enjoy using your pretty patterned paper to make these boxes so you have them ready on hand when you need them!

Next I'll share the birthday card for Carrie.

Comments