Saturday, 21 September 2013

No Cut Lidded Box


It's my friend Carrie's birthday and since we haven't got a car at the moment, I haven't been able to go shopping for a present. So what do you do the night before? Well, you make a handmade gift!

My inspiration came from SU! Demo Tania Bell who had shared in July a video tutorial on how to make a lidded box from a single 12" x 12" sheet without cutting.  Problem was, there was no instructions for the smaller boxes so imagine the mental gymnastics that I was doing late at night (as I got too engrossed in watching Iron Man 3 to multi-task as I originally planned, so I got to working on these close to midnight, lol).  I am quite proud of myself, so these measurements are available at the bottom of this post, for your convenience :-)



The smallest box in this set had room for only one Ferrero Chocolate. I managed to squeeze in 2 treat size of Picnic bars in the middle box, and the largest box is good for 3" x 3" cards (I made a set of 6 cards, but it has room for more):




Largest Box:
Starts with a 12" x 12" patterned paper or card stock.
Score at 1-1/2", 3" and 3-3/4"
Turn the paper 180 degree and then score at the same measurements.
Now turn the paper 90 degree and score at 3" and 4-1/2"
Turn the paper 180 degree and then score at the same measurements.
Proceed as per video tutorial.

2nd largest box: Starts with a 10" x 10" paper.
First set of scores are at 1-1/4", 2-1/2"" and 3-1/8".
Second set of scores are at 2-1/2" and 3-3/4".

3rd box: Starts with a 8" x 8" paper.
First set of scores are at 1", 2" and 2-1/2".
Second set of scores are at 2" and 3".

I also worked out the measurements for a teeny box starting with a 6" x 6" paper.
First set of scores are at 3/4", 1-1/2" and 1-7/8"
Second set of scores are at 1-1/2", and 2-1/4".

Enjoy using your pretty patterned paper to make these boxes so you have them ready on hand when you need them!

Next I'll share the birthday card for Carrie.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...