Skip to main content

Faux Water Colouring with SU Reinkers


This was my CASE attempt and to put to practice what Chupa (Iwona Palamountain) taught us at Stamp Nation this month. Heat embossed the image (I used the Hydrangea image from SU's retired set Because I Care) with white emboss powder on Whisper White card stock. Using reinkers (here I used Coastal Cabana, Pistachio Pudding and So Saffron), colour with regular paintbrush the image, going over the outline for that watercolour effect. I then used the large framelit from Apothecary Accents to cut out the tag shape and added the white twine. See that Woodgrain embossed piece? That was salvaged from a failed watercolouring experiment. You wouldn't know that, if I hadn't told you, would you? I turned that piece over, and splatter the ink (the above colours plus Crisp Cantaloupe) on - yes, you read that alright...just flick the brush with ink over the paper to get the random splotches of ink. Messy, but F.U.N.! Then I put through the Big Shot with the woodgrain emboss folder. I used the "Thoughts of You" sentiment because I think it will render this card a bit more multi-purpose. It could be a Sympathy card (these are hard to make in those difficult times so best to have some on hand) or it could be a Just Because kind of card. I hope you try out this technique, if you haven't already.





Comments