Skip to main content

Fox and Friends Card In A Box



Oh, my, this "card in a box" is popping up on the internet quite a bit lately, and I had so wanted to make one ever since I saw a video tutorial on this card style. Here is my first attempt and it won't be my last I tell ya, so be warned in advance you may see quite a few from me in the next little while :-) Or maybe not because...while the construction is the easy part, the decorating slows me right down. I had all this space to decorate and found it hard to decide on which DSP to use, whether it be a Birthday card or Valentines card, etc...It is the same "problem" which is the reason I don't (yet) scrapbook. Anyhoo, I did it, I decorated it all. It is such a fun card to make and to receive. And the other cool thing about this card is that it folds flat into this:




How awesome is that?! See what I mean, that it would be so much fun to receive this? You think you get a standard card, but then it turns and surprise, all these things pops out at ya from the "box". This is fellow SU! Demo Tanya Bell's version that I love as it fits neatly into a standard C6 envelope.

Now, if you want me to show you how to make this card style, just email me at peppertime123@gmail.com - I'd be so happy to have excuses to make more of these cards. I also sell my cards and can take custom orders so just be sure to contact me to discuss :-)

The DSP paper I used is a sneak peek from the Fresh Prints DSP Paper Stack which will be available when the Occasions 2014 Mini Catalogue launch on Tuesday 28th January. This is such a great value pack. For NZD$14.50, you get 48 sheets of double sided designs (11.4x16.5cm) which is large enough for standard card fronts. Also, if you are like me who find it difficult to cut into a nice sheet of 12"x12" pretty paper, this is an awesome alternative. You can order from me from Tuesday 28th January - not long now!

Thanks for stopping by, hope you got inspired and God bless you!

Updated 26/1/2014: A friend kindly noted she can't find the fox...true true, I didn't even think about it when I used that in my post title. The animals are from a retired Stampin' Up! set called Fox and Friends, but I actually didn't use the fox image. I might just have to add it to the card though hehehe.

Comments