Skip to main content

Lovely As A Tree Christmas 2014



On the sixth day of Christmas...

Thought I'd better document on the blog what our Christmas card design was for 2014 so I don't embarrass myself sending a similar design next year, lol. I sent most of the cards out on the 19th Dec this year, one day earlier than last year. My goal is to have it in peep's letter box by 1 Dec so they can enjoy it and think of me (LOL) all of December. Next year maybe...

Even though I have a small-ish list  (compared to some friends I know who sends out like 150 Christmas cards!) it is still large enough that a simple yet effective design is called for. It was a tough decision but in the end I have chosen to go with the Very Vanilla base because 1) last year's card was white on white, so this year's ought to be different and 2) it's easy to access white card stock in regular retail store, but a colour such as Very Vanilla is not so common, and somehow, seems higher end to me.



The tree image is from the all dependable, all versatile Lovely As A Tree set (wood or clear mount) and the sentiment came from Endless Wishes, a photopolymer set. I love photopolymer stamps for easy placement.

There is one retired product in use - the stitched Gumball Green ribbon. I absolutely love working with this ribbon, and the good news is that this ribbon is on clearance! I totally recommend to have it in the ribbon stash. Oh actually, the tree was also stamped in Gumball Green - a retired colour.

Now, I have to say, I am proud of myself for getting organised (thanks Mrs H for helping me!) enough (kind of) to make and send these cards out. There were more people I would have liked to send a Christmas card to if it weren't for me running out of time. I am glad I ditched my all-or-nothing attitude - I have learnt not to be perfect...sending some out is definitely better than none out.

What about you? Do you like receiving Christmas cards? Do you send them out? If you do, do you prefer to send a variety out or the same design to everyone?

Tip: why not set aside a day next year with a friend to have a session making Christmas cards. Doing something together with someone else is more fun than doing it alone, and you get a lot more done in the same amount of time too. The only downside is you probably don't want to give each other the same card, lol.


**January classes - put in diary now *** Friday 16th Jan 2015 7.30pm *** Sat 17th Jan 2015 2pm **


Comments