Skip to main content

Emboss with Flourish Thinlits Dies


Hello! Yes, you read correctly - dies aren't just for die cutting, they can be used to emboss too!



That is what I have done using the Embossing Mats that have just been made available in our new catalogue.  It feels like I have a whole lot of new things to play with when in fact I am just using the dies I already have in a new way. What a bonus bargain! These Embossing Mats are a must have item in your toolbox - you won't regret it!



So, I knew I wanted to make a card that uses this technique to emboss with dies. I even knew what dies I will use. But then, when it comes to colours - what a dilemma!!!! Do you know that at Stampin' Up! we have 50 colours to choose from (excluding black, white and vanilla)? There are a variety of ways to arrive at a selection of colours to use. In this instance, I got my inspiration from the CAS Colour & Sketch Challenge #275





I really like how well it has turned out - the colours paired with Whisper White just add a real crispness and vibrance to the card. Thank you Wei from CAS for the colour combo.

Thanks for stopping by, and may you have a stampin' fun weekend!


Comments

Wei said…
Wow~Love the embossing texture behind the floral and the leaves, Michelle! Thanks for the inspiration for another way to use my old dies! Thank you for playing along with us at CAS Colours & Sketches this week. please come back with us again.
Patricia Hays said…
I love how the embossing gives your card extra pizzazz without taking away from the overall clean and simple design! Thanks so much for sharing your card with us at CC&S! :) I hope you'll join us again soon for another challenge.