Skip to main content

Snowflake Ornaments



Ever since I laid my eyes on the Holly Jolly tags on page 13 of the Holiday Catalogue, I have been looking forward to make these beauties, only I wanted to make ornaments for the Christmas tree!
Well, indeed-y, you can use these as a most elaborate gift topper or tag that will also double up as an ornament for your recipient's tree this Christmas. Now, isn't that fantastic!

You will notice on the catalogue that these tags are quite dimensional and bless Stampin' Up! Training staff Carrie has kindly shared a video tutorial on how to create the dimensional look.

Tip #1: I tried to attempt the folds without scoring, and that was not easy at all, breaking a tip or two of the snowflake. The Simply Score Tool makes the scoring, and then the folding, a breeze.

Tip #2: The silver metallic ink is very slow to dry, especially on the clear window sheet, so I decided to heat with the Clear Embossing Powder after stamping. That worked beautifully.

Tip #3: You will need a hot glue gun for this project.

Below, you'll see that I have made another with one less layer:



Which look do you prefer? I cannot decide! 


I am having so much fun with these, so guess what? We'll be playing with the Festive Flurry Bundle set  to make these ornaments (or tags or cards) at my next Class on October 9th. (Haha, I wrote this post before the scheduled class, but forgot to publish it! Oh well, I can report that this project went down a treat with the class attendees. For those who missed out, no problem, you have the option of making this in November's class.)

Of course, you might prefer to buy the stamp set and the framelits (you don't really want to hand cut each layer do you?), so the good news is that you can purchase them together for a 15% savings.



Festive Flurry Wood 131778, Festive Flurry Clear 131781, Festive Flurry Framelits 132193
Festive Flurry Bundle Wood 133284, Festive Flurry Bundle Clear 133285



Now, doesn't it make the gift of a bottle of wine even more special?

Comments