Skip to main content

Flourishing Phrases and Thinlits Just Add Ink

I got inspired over at Just Add Ink !



This card was simply quick to make - can you see what inspiration I took out of the picture in the Just Add Ink #410 photo challenge ?




There are a lot to take in when you look at the photo - the colours, the garland of tassles, the hello banner, the polka dots, the floral, the steel frame headboard - but what is it that got my attention and formed the starting point for my card design? The bedside unit!


Edited to add: Tip - photo taken during the day is much better than at night, haha!

I sponged the quadrant of colours on the bottom right of the card using (in clock wise order) Coastal Cabana, Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight and Grapefruit Grove. The detail on the headboard reminded me of the floral design in the Flourishing Phrases and its coordinating Flourish Thinlits, and I decided it would be perfect to cut that floral design in gold to pick up on the gold "hello" banner in the photo. I would have liked to put some stitching around but alas, that is a trend I am not able to use in my cards unless I learn how to use a sewing machine!

Thanks for stopping by, and happy card making! Please do let me know if you have been inspired by me to use this photo challenge to make a card - it will be awesome to see what inspired you.




Comments

Nikki Spencer said…
So soft and pretty Michelle, a lovely take on this weeks inspiration challenge. Thanks for sharing at Just Add Ink.
I really like the texture you get from embossing - it just makes me want to feel the card. Very pretty colour accents. Chantell Just Add Ink.
Simple and elegant, great subtle pops of colour. Thanks for joining in with our challenge this week at Just Add Ink.
Simply stunning, Michelle. I love the gold flourish. Thankyou for playing along with this weeks JAI Challenge #410. D x