Skip to main content

Sweet Soirée Last Chance

Well, there is certainly quite a buzz out there as we all eagerly awaits the new Annual Catalogue launching on the 1 June. Today, however, I want to bring your attention to one of my favourite retiring items - the Sweet Soirée Specialty Designer Series Paper, along with the Sweet Soirée Embellishment Kit.
 



Stampin' Up! Designer Series Paper (DSP) are almost always double sided which means you have double the choice right? Sometimes, however, it seems sacrilege to put glue on the side you haven't chosen to feature in your card. Particularly, for this set of papers, one side has silver foil accents and I always want to show this side!

And then I saw Ronda Wade's idea which just made me giddy as it solved my dilemma. It is such a simple idea I wonder why I never thought it myself - thank you Ronda!

So you see these two cards below? The pattern paper on the right card is the other/alternative side of the metallic side I chose to feature on the left card. Typically, I would cut the paper and adhere to the solid card base so the other side is not seen at all. So if you got the card on the right, for example, you wouldn't have seen the beautiful metallic side of the paper.  (By the way, the You Are Remarkable sentiment is from the retiring Remarkable You stamp set and the Happy Birthday card features the Rose Wonder stamp set and the Rose Garden Thinlits both retiring as well)





And here is the ingenius idea that Ronda shared. Cut the front of the card base so that you only leave a 3/4" or 1" flap. Then glue that flap to the top of the pattern paper, and ta-da, you can now see both sides of that one piece of paper on the same card.



Isn't that brilliant?! This idea takes advantage of the heavier weight of this DSP than regular pattern papers. And even better news, this retiring set of paper is actually discounted from $25 to $17.50. You have up till 31 May to let me order it for you!

Oh, yes, the floral vellum and diecut pieces used on both the cards below are from the Sweet Soirée Embellishment Kit - seriously, embellishing the front of the cards is quick and easy so why not grab these too!




Thanks for stopping by today and please feel free to share my post on your social media to help me get more blog traffic- thank you!

Comments