Skip to main content

Flower Patch Sweater Weather DSP Stationery Set


Wow, it's the end of the month already? Hmm, I can't let the month end without sharing about this stationery set which I was inspired to make for a friend. 

Three convincing reasons for my making the effort to make this set:

1) My friend is American, and while the thing she loves about being in New Zealand is me (ok, ok, I am not the only reason - ha! - among many other reasons), I know she misses her family and her life in the States. So over there, her birthday would be in Autumn, not Spring as it is in New Zealand. Hence the reason I chose to use this retired (but right now on clearance, so you can either purchase through emailing me or click here) Sweater Weather DSP which screams Autumn colors to me. 

2) She's a fan of Charles Dickens, and I love, not only the friendship we have, but also the friendship between her children and mine. The perfect stamp for it therefore is one that is from the From My Heart stamp set. 

3) She shares my love for pretty paper and stationery, so I just had to give it a go at making this Stationery Box by Jackie Topa. What a clever lady and generous of her to share the tutorial with the paper crafting community. Thank you Jackie.

So, it just looks like a box. Right? But wait…you lift the lid and the front panel flops down to reveal this!




Isn't it a WOW design? Thank you again, Jackie! 

There are compartments for standard sized cards, 4x4 cards, tags, and bookmarks, post it note pad, a little pocket for stamps and a pen holder. Notice that the pen is also customized with the same Sweater DSP. I love this set - but more importantly, my friend loves it too, which is kinda good :-)

And here is the birthday card, which is actually the same design as the one I posted for the AWW challenge. I just used the Sweater DSP to coordinate with the stationery set. I do love the Tangerine Tango flowers. (I think it's my friend and downline Rach's doing - she is the Queen of Orange…and it's rubbing off on me!)



Here's the complete gift set (oh, plus a packet of the Sweater Weather DSP as well so the birthday gal can make more cards to refill her stationery box.)


Thanks for visiting today - if you are inspired to make a Stationery Box Set, do let me know so I can see your creation too. And for those interested, I could be persuaded to run a class on this :-)

**** World Card Making Day : October 4th 2014 : Join me for a stamping fun session : Contact me now peppertime123@gmail.com for further details  ****

Comments