Skip to main content

Woodgrain Thankful For You




This card showcase a different way to use Embossing Folders. I have used the Woodgrain folder here as a stamp! Don't you love it when you realize what you have has multi purpose uses to it? First, sponge on the Whisper White layer any color combination you desire. I love the Coastal Cabana/Strawberry Slush/Daffodil Delight combo and I love the way it turned out in this card. Sponging is probably the coloring technique I fall back on time and time again. I'd love to show you how if you don't know what it is. Back to the card…next, you take the embossing folder of your choice and spritz water on the raised side. You want it fairly wet. Then lay your sponged piece on the side with no water, colored side up. Firmly press close the embossing folder together. Open the folder and voila, you will see the imprint of the folder's design on your sponged card. It gets more pronounced by the second, literally, as the card dries.




With such a pretty background, you won't need much to embellish the card. A simple Elegant Butterfly with a bit of bling and a banner bearing the sentiment from the Hostess set Good Greetings did it for me. It was just enough to enhance the card yet not detract from the background feature.  

Thanks for visiting today and I hope you let me know when you try out this technique.


Reminder that two promotions end on 31st October:

1) the free Hostess stamp set Good Greetings for hostess with qualifying order.

2) the Pick a Pack of Paper promotion for those who joins Stampin' Up! by 31st October.

Click here for more details, or contact me peppertime123@gmail.com

***  Next Mum & Me class is Sat 1 November 2pm; and the evening Connect through Craft session is 14th November 7.30pm. RSVPs are open now. ***

Comments

Joyce Spear said…
Really pretty card, Michelle! I need to give that embossing folder technique a try. :)