Skip to main content

Never Ending Card


Today's card is a fancy fold card known as a Never Ending Card. It is sooooo much fun to play with this card. The above shot is the front cover of the card. It opens up from the centre to reveal the next page/side as below:


It's the purple page - the recipient of this card, my lovely niece's favourite colour.
You then flip open the middle two square panels to reveal the third page/side as below:


The reason for the occasion, and the card, was to celebrate her turning 16 years old, hence the 16 candles. I wanted it colourful, but would have trouble choosing the colours if it weren't for SU!'s In Colours range. SU! releases a new In-Colour range every year - there are 5 co-ordinating colours. This year's range, just released this month, are as yummy as they sound:

Baked Brown Sugar
Crisp Cantaloupe
Pistachio Pudding
Strawberry Slush
Coastal Cabana

Finally, you flip open from the centre to reveal the final page/side. Then you flip it open one more time to return to the start and you'll find yourself flipping the card open over and over again to watch it's magic.



This last page took a bit of figuring out, and I am so glad for my friend Carrie - she did the maths for me. In the end, I'd prefer to have smaller borders in the Smoky Slate and Black, but I wasn't going back to undo all our hard work that afternoon.





The structure/frame of this card is actually really easy - I just followed the instructions from here. I did the 6"x 6" version. I think she missed out a step... I actually scored at 1.5" on all four sides of both the 6" x 6" card stock. The Simply Scored Scoring Tool (#126192, pg 178) makes it easy to make fancy cards like these. It is the design/embellishing of the card that can be quite arduous. Well, this one turned out to be quite an epic effort, anyways. It was worth the effort though, and certainly, I'd do it all over again for my lovely niece.

Comments