Skip to main content

Double Flip Top Box - Cards Storage

This is the Double Flip Top Box I taught my Team Members in our September Team Meeting.

And I have a video tutorial for you too! The video shows how to construct the box, and I used a different colour scheme in the video. Well, it was my first attempt at using iMovie, so let me know what you think. https://youtu.be/dG_tb5uyTzw



One of the first reasons I fell in love with papercrafting, is the ability to transform card stock into gift boxes! Seriously, look at this - this box was made basically from an A4 cardstock and a 12"x12" Designer Series Paper (DSP) pictured below!


 Ok, actually, I used about half of a second A4 card stock to hide the flaps by which I adhered the lids on to the bottom of the box. Depending on how you actually decorate the outside of the box, you may have to cut into a third A4 card stock.

This is the box when the lid opens up, even the inside is pretty! I first learned how to make these boxes from another Demonstrator Erin Gunson, about 2.5 years ago. I loved it so much that I upsized it to fit our notecards and then again, I upsized it to fit our standard sized cards. I tell ya, that was a task requiring some Maths skills 😅


This box is generous in size to fit many cards that you have enjoyed making. You can have it on your desk as your card storage, or you can gift a box of handmade cards to someone - I know many people that would so appreciate such a gift!







-Michelle's Top Tip:
 
Embossing a card stock is a great way to add texture and interest to your projects. I used one of the Greenery Embossing Folders on my box. 

I hope you enjoyed this project - thank you for visiting.

Until next post, have fun stamping!


*** Do you have a huge Stampin' Up! wish list? Then our fully customisable Starter Kit is for you, and in September 2020, our Get & Go Starter Kit Promotion is even better! For current specials, click this link https://michellepepper.stampinup.net/special ***

Comments