Skip to main content

Timeless Tulips Slimline Card

Spring is in the air...


Did you know that we have a Tulips stamp set and a Tulip punch? You can buy them separately or buy them as a bundle and save 10%. Check out the Timeless Tulips Punch Bundle on my online shop.

 
If you are a card maker, where do you get your inspiration from? This is how the story goes that resulted in the creation of this card:
 
Discovered/noticed on 29th August 2020


1) I recognised the tulips foliage in one of my pots in the garden. This was an amazing discovery, because I haven't done anything in the garden for most of this year. And when I discovered that there was actually a bud, I was feeling very blessed that day...And since then I have been watching and monitoring its growth. When I made this card, it was my "therapy" for impatience. I wanted the flower then! So I turned to my stamps, ink and paper. And I can have more than one tulip on my card, and I can have a variety of colours!

2)  Have you noticed that Slimline Cards are all the rage currently? Well, I was a bit slow to jump on the bandwagon but there, now I have joined the ranks of those who made a Slimline Card 😀



 
Well, I love this happy card! 
 
The sentiment is from the Fancy Phrases stamp set. I hope those that I have taught in my classes in September love it as much as I do. Here are a couple of the cards I managed to take photos of. Everyone chose their colour combination and placement. 





Michelle's Top Tip: 
Don't forget that you don't only have to stamp on our Whisper White card stock (although it is wonderful quality and lovely to stamp on) - try stamping on coloured card stock too, like I have done here with the tulips and leaves.


And here is a picture of the one lonesome Tulip now in my pot. Although this picture is already outdated...because the tulip today is more pink than yellow. I didn't know they can morph into different colours!

13th September 2020




Until next post, have fun stamping!


*** Do you have a huge Stampin' Up! wish list? Then our fully customisable Starter Kit is for you, and in September 2020, our Get & Go Starter Kit Promotion is even better! For current specials, click this link https://michellepepper.stampinup.net/special ***

Comments